The Wafer Design Advantage
- Good Design Award winner 2018 – Product Design on Hardware and Building
- The Transco Wafer Series is the thinnest profile in the market, and the only retro fittable.
- Rival “slim” series have edge pro files from 4mm to 9mm only the Transco Wafer Series has a 2mm edge.
- The wafer’s sleek curved edge gives the lowest edge profile possible.
- The wafer range is slimmer than slim it’s wafer thin, Wafer has architects and designer talking from coast to coast
The Wafer Installation Advantage
- The wafer range fits off to standard plaster clip or bracket no need for expense recessed mounting accessories.
- In a world first the Transco Wafer Series is the only retro fittable thin profile series.
- The wafer’s malleable plates means a smooth fit every time.
The Wafer Patent Advantage
- The wafer range has a patented flush plate mounting system means no need for tricky paper templates.
- The Transco patented flush plate mounting system allows for seamless exchange of old chunky powerpoints and switches to the new wafer thin Transco.
When designing the Wafer series we had two goals, to produce a switch and outlet series that is as flush to the wall as possible and all electricians could fit to any wall, with ease. The Transco Wafer series has achieved both the design criterion, with a 2mm edge profile and the patented flush plate mounting system. If your project needs the best insist on Transco Wafer.
Cable stripping is history
Transco FastConnect can quickly connect cables in seconds while also achieving perfect cable connection. FastConnect does not need pliers and screwdrivers to connect wire, while other quick connect product in the market needs pliers to strip external cable sheath. Range includes:
- Power Outlet
- Light Switch
- Caravan Outlet
- Caravan Inlet
- Surface Socket
- Cable Tap
- Perfect and instant connect every time
- No cutting, no stripping, no twisting, no screwing
- Easier and more secured
- Pull as you go
- Forward load carrying
- Green product that reduces cable waste
FastConnect Socket Features
TransFast sockets are a three pin power outlet that allows the user for the first time to connect mid-cable without exposing the cables copper core. Using our patented cam over teeth design you can with speed unparalleled (more than ten times faster than a traditional connection), accuracy (the same high quality connection every time) and enhanced safety (removing the need for user to come in contact with the electrical conductor).The TransFast electrical socket design is the beginning of a connection revolution in the electrical industry.
No need to strip or cut power cable. No need to use pliers, or screwdrivers to make an electrical connection.
A conventional electrical connection is made by using a pair pliers to strip away the layers of insulation, exposing the copper conductors, twisting them together in ad hoc fashion, then screwing them down in a clamping device to make the connection permanent. Our design allows the user to make a high quality electrical connection every time, no matter the users skill level, environment, or time pressure. This is A great leap forward in productivity, and an improvement in safety.
Forward Load Carrying
The copper conductor in electrical cables are stranded (seven cores) and twisted, in a traditional connection it highly possible for a strand or strands to break, reducing the connection area, hence reducing the load capacity. An important feature of our design is the removal of diminished forward load carrying capacity, the Transfast design does not break or breach the cables strands, so loss of forward conductivity through strand breakage is eliminated.
Reduce Cable Waste
Transfast socket outlet reduces the length of “tail” required per connection. Imagine a commercial lighting installation with twenty lights (with led low power consumptions lights this highly possible), the cable is run along the false ceiling with loops (or tails) hanging down where each light is to go. The Transfast design reduces a tail length by 30%, reducing the amount copper and pvc used in each installation. Reductions in off cut and cable stripping waste are made, reducing land fill.